Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beaverbank - Rawdon 300km Brevet: 31.05.08

300kms is also a distance I really enjoy. This time I decided to leave the group behind and chart ahead. After a while I started catching a glimpse of some bikes ahead of me and after a while finally caught up to them. They were a group of three riders training for different triathlons and were very pleasant to ride with, they didn't mind me sticking behind to save a little energy and in fact the rider in front wanted to be there at all times which saved me from trying to share the pulling position.

Eventually we went our separate ways and when I got to the first checkpoint I decided to wait for the others so that I wouldn't get lost (as I often do) as the roads ahead were not as straight forward.

I pretty much stayed with the group for the rest of the ride but the one point I did venture ahead I missed a checkpoint (and meal stop) by quite a bit.

As the evening started to set in the temperature dropped and a heavy fog rolled in, and having lost my light earlier in the ride I was starting to feel panic setting in. This is one of the things I like about 300km rides, usually by the time the ride ends a I feel real sense of accomplishment and relief, which didn't happen on my next ride.

map comming.

No comments: